Good olden days with Technology

 

That is the year 2007, the first time I owned a computer with so minimal configuration even I can't believe how I used that low computing system for my regular college work and gaming on that computer. And one thing is still that system is in my memory with 15 inch CRT screen with a Glass protector to the screen to stop rays that fall onto my eyes due to system usage. The computing power of the CPU is so minimal like 512 MB RAM and 80 GB Hard disk. At that time, it was an overly powered system with Windows XP. I used to play NFS and Trackmania games. Really saying I managed to play, but the power was not sufficient so much latency and burning out the processes. Refresh rates of the system and Processor cycles were very low. 

Need to mention the game, NFS is one of the games that my friends and I were passionate about playing every day after college hours. Even though my system was not equipped with Graphic Card or high-end RAM(1 GB), played the game by killing computing resources. 

you can find the requirements for NFS Most Wanted game to play in your system

https://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/need-for-speed-most-wanted



Audiences in their late 30s can understand how we lived in such a low technological environment with less internet penetration and low computing resources. 

I used my system to listen to songs and write the articles in MS Office 2007 and the only software I used is MATLAB for my labs and reports. 

The blog article is incomplete if I don't mention the internet penetration and mobile technologies on those good olden days. 

First, let you know about Mobile technologies in the era. In the early 2000's we had only 2G GSM and CDMA(Code Division Multiple Access) networks. CDMA technology is less reliable technology compared to GSM but few providers are able to bring it to life successfully in India. Users who are having good phones that support GPRS(General Packet Radio Service) which is the source of internet in the mobile but for that, we need to have an internet pack to access if you don't that pack it costs a fortune for us. 

Nokia phones were the leading brand and the models were so innovative with advanced technology. Even though Nokia had competition from Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony. Nokia led the show because of it's Symbion OS (40 & 60) versions.

There is WhatsApp to message friends only had is the Simple Message Service in the short form we call SMS. We had packages for the SMSes from the Mobile service providers to send the messages at discounted prices and in the same way we had night calling cards to make a call to friends for a cheaper price.

We had Orkut instead of Facebook. Orkut is an emotion for all of us even Google discontinued the service.

Comments

Popular Posts